BTEC Level 7 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership - Edexcel (Online Distance Learning)
About Distance Learning Masters Programmes
We are the world’s largest independent provider of distance learning education, partnering with several UK universities to offer students a choice of over 40 qualifications.
For over 25 years we have been empowering individuals to reach their career potential by delivering university study through innovative learning. We have already supported more than 50,000 students worldwide on their journey to a better future.
In August 2015 we achieved University Title and changed our name from Resource Development International Ltd to Arden University Ltd – the first dedicated distance learning university in the UK since the Open University was formed more than 50 years ago. We know the high esteem in which RDI is held by students worldwide and so the RDI name continues to be part of Arden University.
The result is a series of highly flexible distance learning courses, designed to allow learners to contextualise and apply their learning to their job as they study. The courses can be studied anywhere in the world, at any time with academic tutor support via the state-of-art learning environment, ilearn.
We offer a flexible, cost effective way to get your qualification. The qualification you will study offers the same status as that studied on a University campus and you will receive exactly the same certificate. You will become a student of the University, and will be invited to attend the University to collect your degree certificate at your graduation ceremony. In addition to this you will also benefit from the ability to study anywhere in the world, at any time, the flexibility to take study breaks as your circumstances change and financial security as you combine full time work with your studies.
About this Program
This is a professional management qualification which is accepted by Anglia Ruskin University for direct entry to the Research Methods module and Dissertation of its MBA programme.
Diploma (6 units)
1. Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills
• Relationship between strategic management and leadership
• Theories of management and leadership
• Leadership requirements
• Development of leadership skills
2. Professional Development for Strategic Managers
• Personal skills required to achieve strategic goals
• Skills audit
• Constructing a personal development plan
3. Strategic Change Management
• Models of strategic change
• Factors driving the need for strategic change
• Role of stakeholders in planning for change
• Models for ensuring ongoing change
4. Strategic Marketing Management
• Principles of strategic marketing management
• Tools used to develop a strategic marketing strategy
• Strategic marketing techniques
• Changes in the marketing environment
5. Strategic Human Resource Management
• How strategic management of human resources contributes to organisational objectives
• Developing human resource plans
• Human resources policy requirements
• Human resources management in an organisation
6. Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
• Applying cost concepts to the decision- making process
• Forecasting techniques to obtain information for decision-making
• Budgetary process in an organisation
• Cost reduction and management processes
• Financial appraisal techniques to make strategic investment decisions
• Interpreting financial statements for planning and decision-making
Extended Diploma (Diploma plus 5 units)
1. Creative and Innovative Management
• Creative and innovative management processes
• Influencing others to effect change in an organisation
• Overcoming barriers to implementation of creative and innovative management ideas
2. Strategic Quality and Systems Management
• The role of operations management in an organisation
• The importance of managing quality in an organisation
• Planning strategic quality change in an organisation
• Evaluating the outcomes of strategic quality change in an organisation
3. Strategic Planning
• External factors affecting an organisation
• Review existing business plans and strategies
• Developing options for strategic planning
• Contruct a strategy paln
4. Developing Successful Business Teams
• Features of successful business teams
• Supporting team development
• Monitoring the performance of teams
5. Project Development and Implementation for Strategic Managers
• Developing a project specification
• Planning for the implemntation of a project to implement a new product, service or process
• Analysing the outcomes of a project
Assessment consists of a mix of coursework.
This programme has the following intakes: January, April, July and October.
Visit the BTEC Level 7 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership - Edexcel (Online Distance Learning) page on the RDI web site for more details!