The BTEC Level 7 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is designed for those working in business management or other sectors with a responsibility for management and leadership. You will develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in the management sector.
This is a professional management qualification which is accepted by Anglia Ruskin University for direct entry to the Research Methods module and Dissertation of its MBA programme. Course Content
Diploma (6 units)
1. Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills
• Relationship between strategic management and leadership • Theories of management and leadership • Leadership requirements • Development of leadership skills
2. Professional Development for Strategic Managers
• Personal skills required to achieve strategic goals • Skills audit • Constructing a personal development plan
3. Strategic Change Management
• Models of strategic change • Factors driving the need for strategic change • Role of stakeholders in planning for change • Models for ensuring on-going change
4. Strategic Marketing Management
• Principles of strategic marketing management • Tools used to develop a strategic marketing strategy • Strategic marketing techniques • Changes in the marketing environment
5. Strategic Human Resource Management
• How strategic management of human resources contributes to organisational objectives • Developing human resource plans • Human resources policy requirements • Human resources management in an organisation
6. Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
• Applying cost concepts to the decision- making process • Forecasting techniques to obtain information for decision-making • Budgetary process in an organisation • Cost reduction and management processes • Financial appraisal techniques to make strategic investment decisions • Interpreting financial statements for planning and decision-making
Extended Diploma (Diploma plus 5 units)
1. Creative and Innovative Management
• Creative and innovative management processes • Influencing others to effect change in an organisation • Overcoming barriers to implementation of creative and innovative management ideas
2. Strategic Quality and Systems Management
• The role of operations management in an organisation • The importance of managing quality in an organisation • Planning strategic quality change in an organisation • Evaluating the outcomes of strategic quality change in an organisation
3. Strategic Planning
• External factors affecting an organisation • Review existing business plans and strategies • Developing options for strategic planning • Construct a strategy plan
4. Developing Successful Business Teams
• Features of successful business teams • Supporting team development • Monitoring the performance of teams
5. Project Development and Implementation for Strategic Managers
• Developing a project specification • Planning for the implementation of a project to implement a new product, service or process • Analysing the outcomes of a project
Assessment consists of a mix of coursework.
This programme has the following intakes: January, April, July and October.
“I considered all options - even changing my job to fit around my studies, but decided that distance learning would fit in better with my full time job and I could go at my own pace. The enrolment and course selection process was straightforward and very quick, no lengthy processes involved. I have had great study support over the past 15 months from tutors on the various subjects, without it I would have struggled.
The course can be very relaxed and intense depending upon how much study you put in but if you put the hard work in pays off, with 3 distinctions to my credit I am very pleased with my work. The MBA program has given me a greater understanding of the business world and has enabled me to do develop myself further in my current job role. My future aspirations are to use the MBA qualification amongst others, to secure a higher managerial position either in the UK or abroad.
The RDI Team have been extremely helpful and approachable. At times you do feel as though you are on your own but the RDI team are only an e-mail or phone call away to resolve any queries that arise. The tutors are also very approachable, often working long hours and at weekends to respond to my queries via e-mail. I have thanked the team at RDI personally for their help and support to enable me to achieve such a great milestone in my career. I have recommended the RDI programme to many people because of the flexibility it offers in the study programme and also it will fit in with probably most full time careers.”
Jihmmy Bach Friis
“I'm married, have children and a full-time job, so distance learning suits me, otherwise I would not be able to study. RDI staff are always very helpful in answering my queries. The most important and surprising thing to me about the Bradford MBA has been the personal development - you cannot imagine how much I, as a person, have changed since October when I started. I have no objection in recommending RDI to others!"
“I chose distance learning as it offered the only viable route to gaining management qualifications without taking significant time away from normal work. It also offers greater flexibility for students with significant other commitments such as work and family. Enrolment was straightforward and the financial process was simple. I haven’t required lots of support but where there have been issues they have generally been dealt with well.
My relationship with RDI staff is good e.g. e-mails are answered promptly. The course is very interesting. Though I work in the public sector (NHS) I wanted to undertake studies with a more general outlook rather than health /public sector specific as I thought this would actually be more informative and valuable - this has been the case. I have a much clear and better understanding of business processes and areas that need consideration in order to make a business successful. The course helps build confidence in the management field and will help me lead my practice in the coming years. I am happy to recommend RDI - distance learning is a very different process to learning on campus, but if you have the skills and capabilities to manage this it is ideal."
“Giving up employment to study full time was not an option.RDI allowed me to study while earning and proved an extremely flexible solution. The support I received was superb, any queries I had were resolved quickly and easily, my student support co-ordinator was extremely helpful and professional.”
“As teachers I strongly believe that in order to ensure continued good practice, we need to reflect critically on the quality of teaching and learning that takes place in our classrooms. Studying for my MA Ed enabled me to achieve a ‘helicopter’ perspective on my personal and professional development.
The modules that I have studied have not only been interesting, enjoyable and manageable alongside a full time teaching commitment and given me a sense of personal fulfilment and satisfaction, but have also enhanced the quality of my own and others’ teaching and learning within and beyond my classroom and school.”
“Allowing a student to work at a different pace where they may have knowledge gaps has certainly been of significant benefit to me. I have been able to adapt my learning and continuous professional development requirements to suit a busy working and family schedule. The overall time frame for achievement is flexible and adaptable and meets the needs of mature students.”
Candidates should possess a recognised Bachelors Degree in any discipline or overseas equivalent.- Candidates who do not possess the required academic qualifications but have a minimum of five years' experience of working in a strategic management position are also encouraged to submit an application.- English language ability equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here